Would be amazing to have an option to order new VPS/Cloud as a copy of existing one. It would be very useful and fast to clone servers in a few clicks with preconfigured system
Agreed. We'll put it into our development roadmap.
Dear clients, please indicate if you'd like to:
- do an off-site backup (different Host1Plus data center)
- do a backup to a third-party provider (Dropbox, Amazon S3, etc.)
- order Cloud Servers with pre-installed backup agent
- anything else you think would help to protect your data
Hello just wondering when do you plan to offer cloud servers in ASIA?
We are in the planning stage right now. More information will be provided over the next few months.
When we execute some actions, like reboot, delete snapshot, some controls must be active, like the Console, so the user can check what's happening.
Additionally, the "rescue mode" must be always active.
Must have a LOG control, so the user can check the logs of the actions requested.
The API must permit the user to cancel snapshot process, in anytime.
1. The Cloud Server was stucked and need to rebooted.
2. Meanwhile, the reboot request, was made during the process of the daily Snapshot.
3. The reboot process will queued by the hipervisor and the reboot will be waiting until the Snapshot finish.
4. The user must have freedom to cancel the Snapshot, anytime, so the action he requested and queued, will be processed by the hypervisor.
All process of the actions requested by the user, for the API, should be logged, so the user can see what's really happening.
Right now, the API gives back few information, of all the actions we requested to do in a Cloud Server.
1. If we request the API to reboot a Cloud Server, the only thing we know is that the request was received and queued by the Hypervisor.
2. For some reason, we have requested the reboot of a Cloud Server, in a middle of the Snapshot process, the Job will be queued and the server locked, until the snapshot is completed, and then the hypervisor restart the VM automatically.
3. In the meantime, during this process, the user haven't any information from the API, and only knows that the reboot action was queued, and some how, maybe the VM is stucked in boot.
1. If the user have all the information from the API, he knows what's happening and wait for the Snapshot creation finish.
2. If the user have all the information from the API, he don't need to contact support, so the H1P support team will be working in some really and important issues.
3. Of course this request is very technical and only some technical users will gives importance to this feature. But you can't forget that you have some technical users, that they want to have and need some technical informations about their services.
All the host1plus dashboard functions such as stats and others should be accessible through API
This feature / feature update will be released, most probably, this week. Watch for updates on our blog.
Customer support service by UserEcho